Oxbridge awaits Sir Harry Smith students on A Level results day
- Credit: RWT Photography
Two students from Sir Harry Smith Community College have confirmed their places at Oxford and Cambridge universities after receiving their A Level results.
Olivia Townsend cemented her spot at Cambridge, where she will read history, while another sixth form student will study philosophy, politics and economics at Oxford.
The Whittlesey school has also seen other students achieve a place at Russell Group universities, too.
Tim Smith, head of sixth form, said: “I would like to congratulate our students on the results that they have achieved this year, given the unique situation for students that were due to take exams this summer.
“We continue to see success with a number of students continuing to access Russell Group universities to study a wide range of courses, including business, finance, economics, natural sciences and psychology.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Smith added: “I would also like to thank all of our staff for their continued and unwavering hard work and commitment during these challenging times.”
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 42nd fireworks spectacular out to return with a bang