Edna is queen for the day for her 100th birthday at Wisbech care home
- Credit: Archant
Solving crossword puzzles and reading have helped keep a Wisbech woman sprightly who this week celebrated her 100th birthday.
Family joined Edna Cooper to celebrate her big birthday at Rose Lodge care home where she lives.
Mrs Cooper grew up and lived in Bolton but moved to Wisbech in the 1980s to be nearer family.
She had one son Eric Somerville who is a retired GP in the town.
Mrs Cooper has a love of painting and one of her pieces of work is displayed at the home where she lives.
Deputy manager Megan Jones said: “We made her a throne and made her queen for the day.
“She is a very active, fit and happy lady. It is a real achievement to get to 100 and be so well. We celebrated with her by tying in her birthday with our annual summer fete.”
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 6 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 7 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 8 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 9 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire