EASTER: Here's 10 ideas for family events that will help make your holiday egg-tastic!
EASTER is a great time of year to get out and about with the family to enjoy the spring weather and all the things that come with it. The Fenland countryside is bursting with new life and there are also lots of activities on offer in the towns. We have be
EASTER is a great time of year to get out and about with the family to enjoy the spring weather and all the things that come with it. The Fenland countryside is bursting with new life and there are also lots of activities on offer in the towns.
We have been checking out what us going on in the area for all ages to make sure you have a really Eggtastic Easter.
EASTER TOP 10
1 There is going to be some eggstra great free activities at Upwell thanks to the hard work of the Village Hall Committee. Sunday (April 12) The fun will be from 10am until noon. There will be an Easter egg hunt, an Easter bonnet competition, drawing and painting.
2 Cassano's Bar in March is holding an Easter foam party on Thursday April 16 where there will be live DJs and special giveaways. The event is aimed at youngsters from 11 to 17 years visit www.teenclubbers.com
3 Peckover House, Wisbech, is hosting an Easter Fun Trail on Saturday 11, Sunday 12 and Monday 13 from 12-4pm. Cost is �1.50 per child and normal garden admission applies. The National Trust property is also open on Good Friday.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 7 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
4 The Easter bunny will be at Sacrewell Farm & Country Centre at Thornhaugh. You will be taken by tractor and trailer to the Enchanted Wood to hunt for eggs that the Easter bunny has been busy hiding. 01780 782254.
5. A fun day will be held at The Walks in King's Lynn on Saturday April 11 and the park will be a hive of activity with live music a bouncy castle, archery, penalty shoot-out nets, climbing and boulder walls and there will also be an Easter egg hunt at 11.30am. All the activities are free. It will run from 10am - 4.30pm.
6 Easter activities including egg hunts are planned throughout the holidays at Woodhouse Farm Park at Friday Bridge. There is a restaurant and a gift shop. 01945 860309.
7 Join in a Giant Easter Egg Trail at the Farmland Museum and Denny Abbey, 10.30am-5pm Sunday 12 and Monday 13 of April. Make an Easter basket, weave some willow, take part in creating a giant egg mural, make a fluffy spring chick. 01223 860988.
8 At Wimpole Hall there is an Easter Egg Trail to follow from today (Friday) to Monday (April 13) from 10.30am to 4.30pm. Normal admission applies plus �1 charge for trail booklet- there is a chocolate treat for every completed trail.
9 Easter at Welney Wetland Centre from today (Friday) to Monday (April 13) 9.30am to 5pm. Easter egg hunt, arts and crafts, make an Easter bonnet from recycled materials. Telephone 01353 864024.
10 There is a fun-packed weekend at Pigeon Farm, Thorney. Today (Friday) there will be a chance to do Easter crafts in the new educational room and tomorrow there will be Easter Rabbit's Treasure Hunt. Sunday sees an Easter bonnet competition in three categories 0-five years, six-13years and best adult. On Monday go along and relish the challenge of getting to the top of the climbing wall.