Easter excitement aplenty as Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping centre hosts fun day
- Credit: Archant
There was a whole host of free entertainment on offer at the Horsefair Shopping Centre on as the centre hosted its annual Easter fun day.
The Easter celebrations took place on Wednesday March 30, and an array of attractions and stalls wowed hundreds of visitors.
Free face painting, balloon modelling and fairground rides, including Spider Mountain, kept children entertained during the four-hour fun day.
The fun continued with Uncle Mick’s Magical Punch and Judy show, which was followed by two competitions.
There was also a hard-boiled egg painting competition with the decorator of the best egg – Chloe (pictured) - taking home a children’s Easter hamper.
Kevin Smith, centre manager, said: “Our Easter Fun Day always proves to be very popular.
“It was great seeing so many children enjoying themselves in the town centre.”
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 4 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 5 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 6 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 New mayor pledges to 'do Wisbech proud'
- 9 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
The Easter extravaganza was concluded with an Easter egg hunt, with prizes given to every child that correctly counted the number of eggs hidden in shop windows throughout the centre.