Easter excitement aplenty as Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping centre hosts fun day
- Credit: Archant
There was a whole host of free entertainment on offer at the Horsefair Shopping Centre on as the centre hosted its annual Easter fun day.
The Easter celebrations took place on Wednesday March 30, and an array of attractions and stalls wowed hundreds of visitors.
Free face painting, balloon modelling and fairground rides, including Spider Mountain, kept children entertained during the four-hour fun day.
The fun continued with Uncle Mick’s Magical Punch and Judy show, which was followed by two competitions.
There was also a hard-boiled egg painting competition with the decorator of the best egg – Chloe (pictured) - taking home a children’s Easter hamper.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Smith, centre manager, said: “Our Easter Fun Day always proves to be very popular.
“It was great seeing so many children enjoying themselves in the town centre.”
- 1 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 2 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 9 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
The Easter extravaganza was concluded with an Easter egg hunt, with prizes given to every child that correctly counted the number of eggs hidden in shop windows throughout the centre.