Wisbech store sells reusable shopping bags to raise money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech branch of discount retailer QD is raising money for the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) by selling the charity’s Lucy Loveheart shopping bags.
The store, on Market Place, is aiming to add to the company’s fundraising total of more than £101,000 raised to date for EACH’s nook appeal by selling the reusable shopping bags which have been designed for EACH by internationally-renowned Norfolk artist Lucy Loveheart.
EACH, which cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions and also supports their families, launched the nook appeal in November 2014.
Artist Lucy Loveheart trained for six years, first at Ipswich and Norwich schools of art and then at the Royal College of Art in London.
Her work has been used for publishing, fabrics, ceramics, cards, murals, advertising and catalogues. Her own paintings have also been sold in galleries.
Lucy has also created a series of children’s books, with over 16 titles that have sold worldwide.
The bags feature an ‘enchanted meadow’ design with rainbows, forget-me-nots, bluebells and butterflies. Proceeds from the sale of the bags go to EACH.
- 1 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 7 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
The Enchanted Meadow large shopper bags are available from QD, priced at 99p.
Visit www.each.org.uk for more information about the charity.