Wisbech store sells reusable shopping bags to raise money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech branch of discount retailer QD is raising money for the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) by selling the charity’s Lucy Loveheart shopping bags.
The store, on Market Place, is aiming to add to the company’s fundraising total of more than £101,000 raised to date for EACH’s nook appeal by selling the reusable shopping bags which have been designed for EACH by internationally-renowned Norfolk artist Lucy Loveheart.
EACH, which cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions and also supports their families, launched the nook appeal in November 2014.
Artist Lucy Loveheart trained for six years, first at Ipswich and Norwich schools of art and then at the Royal College of Art in London.
Her work has been used for publishing, fabrics, ceramics, cards, murals, advertising and catalogues. Her own paintings have also been sold in galleries.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy has also created a series of children’s books, with over 16 titles that have sold worldwide.
The bags feature an ‘enchanted meadow’ design with rainbows, forget-me-nots, bluebells and butterflies. Proceeds from the sale of the bags go to EACH.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
The Enchanted Meadow large shopper bags are available from QD, priced at 99p.
Visit www.each.org.uk for more information about the charity.