E-fits released of Middle Eastern suspects who attempted to abduct serviceman at RAF Marham at knifepoint
- Credit: Archant
Police released the e-fits of the key suspects who attempted to abduct a serviceman last week when was out jogging close to the RAF Marham airbase.
It comes as officers mark one-week since the attempted abduction by carrying out enquiries near to the scene and around the village of Marham.
The suspects, both described as Middle Eastern origin in appearance, remain at large and their vehicle has not yet been located.
Police would like to hear from anyone who used the popular convenience store in Squires Hill as part of their investigations into the attempted abduction of an RAF officer at knifepoint.
It has also emerged that one of the two attackers suffered a visible facial injury during the abduction attempt as the RAF officer, who was in his 20s, managed to fight him off and also head-butted him.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Superintendent Paul Durham, from the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation, is leading the enquiry with support from officers at the Metropolitan Police Counter Terrorism Command.
He said: “Today we have released e-fit images of the two suspects seen by the victim during the incident and I would urge anyone who recognises either man to come forward and call police immediately.”
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
While the victim only witnessed two people during the incident, officers have said it is possible there was at least one other person in the vehicle.
Det Supt Durham added: “We know that our victim is a member of RAF personnel and we are still investigating how much relevance this was to his attempted abduction. It is probable that there would have been a degree of planning involved and in order to achieve this, it is quite possible that there was at least one other person involved.”
“We’ve carried out extensive enquiries in the area but the purpose of these anniversary checks is to speak with people who regularly use roads in the area as part of a route to work or in their social life who we haven’t necessarily captured as part of our house to house enquiries.
“We know from CCTV enquiries that this road, despite being rural, is well used, so it’s possible someone may have seen the dark coloured people carrier either being driven by the suspects or parked up in the area on that day.”
The witness appeals come as police continue to follow up a number of calls and CCTV enquiries into the abduction attempt, which happened close to the RAF Marham base on Wednesday.
The main suspect, who grabbed the serviceman while he was jogging in the area of Squire’s Hill, is thought to have suffered the injury during the incident.
The serviceman challenged the attacker and they were involved in a scuffle and headbutted his attacker before punching him, causing him to fall on the floor.
•Suspect 1 is described as between 20 and 30 years old, approximately 6ft tall, of athletic but stocky build, with dark hair which was long on top and had a well-groomed beard. He was of Middle Eastern origin in appearance with a dark skin tone and wore dark casual clothing.
•Suspect 2 is described as between 20-30 years old but younger than the first suspect and of a slimmer build. He was approximately 5ft 10, clean shaven with short dark hair. He was also of Middle Eastern origin in appearance and wore a white t-shirt and dark shorts