Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- Credit: Policing Fenland
A large Class B drug factory was uncovered inside a Cambridgeshire home following a property search by British Gas.
Using a ‘Rights of Entry Warrant’ for electricity operators, British Gas, along with police officers from March and Wisbech, entered the home in Westry.
Police say inquiries are “ongoing” following the shocking discovery on Friday morning (May 7).
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Officers attended a property in Westry to assist British Gas with a Rights of Entry Warrant - Electricity Operator.
“On forcing entry into the address, a cannabis factory was found.
You may also want to watch:
“Both neighbourhood teams from March and Wisbech attended. Inquiries are ongoing into this incident.”
- 1 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 2 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 7 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 8 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 9 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
- 10 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend