Car seized and driver arrested after testing positive for drugs and having no insurance or licence in Waterlees
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
A driver has been arrested and their car has been seized after they failed a roadside drug test and had no driving licence or insurance.
The unnamed driver was stopped by police in Waterlees, Wisbech, just after midnight on Sunday, September 15.
They failed a roadside drugs wipe after testing positive for cannabis; he was arrested on-scene.
Their car, a white Vauxhall Corsa, was also seized by police after it was revealed they had no valid insurance or a driving licence.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "On Sunday at 00:30 hours officers stopped vehicle on Waterlees Road, Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
"The driver failed roadside DrugWipe after testing positive for cannabis, driver was arrested.
"The vehicle was seized as the driver had no insurance and the driver had no licence."
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family