‘Sneaky’ driver caught on CCTV trying to hide knife before drug-driving arrest
- Credit: Cambs Cops
A “sneaky” driver was caught on CCTV trying to hide a knife before failing a roadside drugs test for cocaine in Fenland.
The driver was stopped in their white convertible Audi on Norfolk Street in Wisbech and were being closely watched by Peterborough and Fenland CCTV operators.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “The person who officers were dealing with tried to be sneaky and hide a knife but CCTV was watching.
“The knife was recovered and the suspect was arrested; during a vehicle search some suspected drugs were found.
“Officers also carried out a DrugWipe, to which the person failed for cocaine. The person was arrested for a number of offences.
You may also want to watch:
“We also seized the vehicle. They were taken to the Police Investigation Centre in King’s Lynn where enquires continue.”
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 3 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 6 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 7 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 8 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 10 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey