‘Sneaky’ driver caught on CCTV trying to hide knife before drug-driving arrest
- Credit: Cambs Cops
A “sneaky” driver was caught on CCTV trying to hide a knife before failing a roadside drugs test for cocaine in Fenland.
The driver was stopped in their white convertible Audi on Norfolk Street in Wisbech and were being closely watched by Peterborough and Fenland CCTV operators.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “The person who officers were dealing with tried to be sneaky and hide a knife but CCTV was watching.
“The knife was recovered and the suspect was arrested; during a vehicle search some suspected drugs were found.
“Officers also carried out a DrugWipe, to which the person failed for cocaine. The person was arrested for a number of offences.
You may also want to watch:
“We also seized the vehicle. They were taken to the Police Investigation Centre in King’s Lynn where enquires continue.”
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph