DRIVERS WARNED TO AVOID LYNN ROAD, WISBECH, AFTER PART OF ROAD COLLAPSES
DRIVERS are being warned to avoid Lynn Road in Wisbech after part of the road collapsed. A large and deep hole under the road, near its junction with Chase Street and Freedom Bridge, has been discovered and it would be highly dangerous for traffic to use
DRIVERS are being warned to avoid Lynn Road in Wisbech after part of the road collapsed.
A large and deep hole under the road, near its junction with Chase Street and Freedom Bridge, has been discovered and it would be highly dangerous for traffic to use this busy route.
The road has been closed between Freedom Bridge Roundabout and Dehaviland Road.
Anglian Water engineers are on the scene and are working with Cambridgeshire County Council to find the cause and repair the road as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Chatfield, IHMC Operations and Network Coordination Manager for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: "This is a very large void under the road and it would be highly dangerous to let traffic go over it.
"We never take a decision to close a road lightly, especially one as busy as this, but it would be irresponsible to keep this open until repairs are made.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
"Repairing this hole is a high priority for us and we are working with Anglian Water to find the cause and re-open the road as quickly as possible.