DRIVERS WARNED TO AVOID LYNN ROAD, WISBECH, AFTER PART OF ROAD COLLAPSES
DRIVERS are being warned to avoid Lynn Road in Wisbech after part of the road collapsed. A large and deep hole under the road, near its junction with Chase Street and Freedom Bridge, has been discovered and it would be highly dangerous for traffic to use
DRIVERS are being warned to avoid Lynn Road in Wisbech after part of the road collapsed.
A large and deep hole under the road, near its junction with Chase Street and Freedom Bridge, has been discovered and it would be highly dangerous for traffic to use this busy route.
The road has been closed between Freedom Bridge Roundabout and Dehaviland Road.
Anglian Water engineers are on the scene and are working with Cambridgeshire County Council to find the cause and repair the road as soon as possible.
Andy Chatfield, IHMC Operations and Network Coordination Manager for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: "This is a very large void under the road and it would be highly dangerous to let traffic go over it.
"We never take a decision to close a road lightly, especially one as busy as this, but it would be irresponsible to keep this open until repairs are made.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 7 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
"Repairing this hole is a high priority for us and we are working with Anglian Water to find the cause and re-open the road as quickly as possible.