Drivers face road closures and diversions due to A47 resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
Highways England is repairing the road surface of the A47 at Tilney All Saints, Narborough and Swaffham starting today (Monday 9).
Repairs will last until Sunday (15) with stretches of work closing the road between 8pm and 6am.
The A47 will be closed between the A17 Pullover Roundabout at King’s Lynn and the Shoreboat Roundabout at Tilney All Saints tonight (Monday 9).
Drivers heading westbound will exit at the Hardwick Roundabout, take the A10 to Downham Market, then the A1122 towards Wisbech then the A1101 to re-join the A47.
Drivers heading eastbound will take the A1101 through Wisbech to Long Sutton, then the A17 to re-join the A47.
The A47 will be closed between the junctions with Swaffham Road, Narborough, and the A1122 roundabout, Swaffham, on Tuesday night. Drivers heading westbound will take the A1122 towards Downham Market then the A10 towards King’s Lynn to re-join the A47. Drivers heading eastbound will take the A10 towards Downham Market, then the A134 towards Thetford, then the A1122 towards Swaffham to re-join the A47.
The A47 will be closed between the Lynn Road slip road and Norwich Road roundabout at Swaffham in both directions from Wednesday 11 to Saturday 14 January.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 4 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 6 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 7 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 8 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 9 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 10 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
Drivers heading westbound will exit the A47 at the A11 Thickthorn Interchange, taking the A11 to Thetford, the A134 towards King’s Lynn, the A1122 towards Downham Market, and the A10 to re-join the A47. Drivers heading eastbound should follow this diversion in reverse. Access into and out of Swaffham will be maintained via the A1065, Norwich Road and Lynn Road.