Drivers face road closures and diversions due to A47 resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
Highways England is repairing the road surface of the A47 at Tilney All Saints, Narborough and Swaffham starting today (Monday 9).
Repairs will last until Sunday (15) with stretches of work closing the road between 8pm and 6am.
The A47 will be closed between the A17 Pullover Roundabout at King’s Lynn and the Shoreboat Roundabout at Tilney All Saints tonight (Monday 9).
Drivers heading westbound will exit at the Hardwick Roundabout, take the A10 to Downham Market, then the A1122 towards Wisbech then the A1101 to re-join the A47.
Drivers heading eastbound will take the A1101 through Wisbech to Long Sutton, then the A17 to re-join the A47.
The A47 will be closed between the junctions with Swaffham Road, Narborough, and the A1122 roundabout, Swaffham, on Tuesday night. Drivers heading westbound will take the A1122 towards Downham Market then the A10 towards King’s Lynn to re-join the A47. Drivers heading eastbound will take the A10 towards Downham Market, then the A134 towards Thetford, then the A1122 towards Swaffham to re-join the A47.
The A47 will be closed between the Lynn Road slip road and Norwich Road roundabout at Swaffham in both directions from Wednesday 11 to Saturday 14 January.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 3 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 4 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 5 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 6 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 7 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 8 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 9 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 10 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
Drivers heading westbound will exit the A47 at the A11 Thickthorn Interchange, taking the A11 to Thetford, the A134 towards King’s Lynn, the A1122 towards Downham Market, and the A10 to re-join the A47. Drivers heading eastbound should follow this diversion in reverse. Access into and out of Swaffham will be maintained via the A1065, Norwich Road and Lynn Road.