Drivers face road closures and diversions due to A47 resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
Highways England is repairing the road surface of the A47 at Tilney All Saints, Narborough and Swaffham starting today (Monday 9).
Repairs will last until Sunday (15) with stretches of work closing the road between 8pm and 6am.
The A47 will be closed between the A17 Pullover Roundabout at King’s Lynn and the Shoreboat Roundabout at Tilney All Saints tonight (Monday 9).
Drivers heading westbound will exit at the Hardwick Roundabout, take the A10 to Downham Market, then the A1122 towards Wisbech then the A1101 to re-join the A47.
Drivers heading eastbound will take the A1101 through Wisbech to Long Sutton, then the A17 to re-join the A47.
You may also want to watch:
The A47 will be closed between the junctions with Swaffham Road, Narborough, and the A1122 roundabout, Swaffham, on Tuesday night. Drivers heading westbound will take the A1122 towards Downham Market then the A10 towards King’s Lynn to re-join the A47. Drivers heading eastbound will take the A10 towards Downham Market, then the A134 towards Thetford, then the A1122 towards Swaffham to re-join the A47.
The A47 will be closed between the Lynn Road slip road and Norwich Road roundabout at Swaffham in both directions from Wednesday 11 to Saturday 14 January.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
Drivers heading westbound will exit the A47 at the A11 Thickthorn Interchange, taking the A11 to Thetford, the A134 towards King’s Lynn, the A1122 towards Downham Market, and the A10 to re-join the A47. Drivers heading eastbound should follow this diversion in reverse. Access into and out of Swaffham will be maintained via the A1065, Norwich Road and Lynn Road.