Drivers face road closures and diversions due to A47 resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
Highways England is repairing the road surface of the A47 at Tilney All Saints, Narborough and Swaffham starting today (Monday 9).
Repairs will last until Sunday (15) with stretches of work closing the road between 8pm and 6am.
The A47 will be closed between the A17 Pullover Roundabout at King’s Lynn and the Shoreboat Roundabout at Tilney All Saints tonight (Monday 9).
Drivers heading westbound will exit at the Hardwick Roundabout, take the A10 to Downham Market, then the A1122 towards Wisbech then the A1101 to re-join the A47.
Drivers heading eastbound will take the A1101 through Wisbech to Long Sutton, then the A17 to re-join the A47.
You may also want to watch:
The A47 will be closed between the junctions with Swaffham Road, Narborough, and the A1122 roundabout, Swaffham, on Tuesday night. Drivers heading westbound will take the A1122 towards Downham Market then the A10 towards King’s Lynn to re-join the A47. Drivers heading eastbound will take the A10 towards Downham Market, then the A134 towards Thetford, then the A1122 towards Swaffham to re-join the A47.
The A47 will be closed between the Lynn Road slip road and Norwich Road roundabout at Swaffham in both directions from Wednesday 11 to Saturday 14 January.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
Drivers heading westbound will exit the A47 at the A11 Thickthorn Interchange, taking the A11 to Thetford, the A134 towards King’s Lynn, the A1122 towards Downham Market, and the A10 to re-join the A47. Drivers heading eastbound should follow this diversion in reverse. Access into and out of Swaffham will be maintained via the A1065, Norwich Road and Lynn Road.