Driver who failed to stop in Wisbech found to have almost bald tyre say police
- Credit: Archant
A driver of a car had a lucky escape when it failed to stop today – and police say a bald tyre was to blame.
The motorist came to grief in Wisbech, prompting police to publish this photo of the driver’s tyre.
“Driving on a bald tyre can result in your car not stopping,” police said on their Twitter feed.
“A male found out the hard way today.” They added that the car was written off as a result of the damage.
A police spokesman said: “Ensure your tyres have enough tread and the pressure is correct.”
You may also want to watch:
Other safety points mentioned by police include “adapting your driving to the conditions of the road”.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed