Driver stopped in Wisbech in the early hours with five-year-old passenger found to be three times over drink drive limit
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s with a five-year-old child in his car was arrested after being found to be more than three times over the drink drive limit.
The driver blew 114 micrograms during a Breathalyser test and was stopped after hitting a number of parked cars in Verdun Road, Wisbech on Friday.
He was charged and bailed to court.
A police spokesman said: “We were called at about 1.10am today (December 4) after a black and silver Mitsubishi Shogun hit parked vehicles in Verdun Road, Wisbech.
“The driver, a man in his 40s from Wisbech, provided a positive breath test and is currently in custody.”
You may also want to watch:
In a separate incident last night a driver was arrested in Wisbech for drink driving – he blew 62 micrograms at the roadside and spent a night in the Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare