Driver flees as two injured in A47 crash near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A woman and a child were injured in a three-vehicle crash after a driver fled the scene near Wisbech.
The A47 has now reopened at the Elm Hall roundabout following the incident at 12.57pm this afternoon (May 29).
Norfolk Police confirmed that a driver involved in the accident had fled the scene.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said:
"We sent two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle to the scene of a road traffic accident.
You may also want to watch:
"We treated a child and a woman at the scene and transported them to Peterborough General Hospital for further treatment."
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 5 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic
- 10 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines