Driver fails to stop after collision between car and cyclist, 51, in Wisbech
A DRIVER failed to stop after a collision between his car and a 51-year-old cyclist in Wisbech.
The cyclist was riding along Lynn Road towards Freedom Bridge roundabout at around 5.20am on Thursday (October 13).
He saw the vehicle travelling along Clarkson Road before the collision happened at the junction, causing him to fall to the ground.
The vehicle did not stop and continued onto Lynn Road.
Two people stopped to help the victim who was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where he was treated for slight injuries.
You may also want to watch:
PC Kayleigh Crowson, from Wisbech Police Station, said: “The cyclist was not seriously injured in this crash but it could have been worse.
“I would like to speak to anyone who saw the collision take place and would particularly appeal for the driver of the vehicle involved to contact police.”
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 5 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 6 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 7 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 10 Man who died in road crash is named
Anyone with information should contact PC Crowson on 0345 456 456 4.