Lucky to be alive: Driver unhurt after lorry crashes into river at Outwell
- Credit: Archant
The driver of a lorry that left the road and crashed into the Well Creek river at Outwell near Wisbech, had a miraculous escape.
Astonishingly the driver walked away unscathed after his vehicle rolled into the water following a crash.
The incident closed the A1122 for a short time and emergency services were called.
A fire service spokesman said an appliance from Outwell attended the collision “and provided scene safety”.
The collision happened at around 4.30pm and the road opened 90 minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
Police and ambulance crews also attended.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election