Driver crashes into wall close to All Saints Parish Church, Main Road, Elm - comes away without injury
- Credit: Archant
A driver had a lucky escape last night after crashing their silver Ford Fiesta on Main Road, Elm.
It is believed the driver lost control of the vehicle and collided with a wall close to All Saints Parish Church at around 6.40pm.
The ambulance service attended, but no injuries were reported and the road was closed while recovery took place.
A police spokesman said: “Yesterday at about 6.42pm officers along with Cambs Fire and Rescue Service and The East of England Ambulance Service were called to Main Road, Elm.
“A vehicle had left the road and crashed into the gate of All Saints Church.
“A male driver was checked at scene by Paramedics. The fire service made the vehicle safe.
“Cambridgeshire Highways were called to the scene as there were signs of Diesel had been spilt on the carriageway.
- 1 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 6 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 9 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
“Witnesses also informed officers that the vehicle was travelling at the correct speed limit at the time of the collision.”