Driver crashes into wall close to All Saints Parish Church, Main Road, Elm - comes away without injury
- Credit: Archant
A driver had a lucky escape last night after crashing their silver Ford Fiesta on Main Road, Elm.
It is believed the driver lost control of the vehicle and collided with a wall close to All Saints Parish Church at around 6.40pm.
The ambulance service attended, but no injuries were reported and the road was closed while recovery took place.
A police spokesman said: “Yesterday at about 6.42pm officers along with Cambs Fire and Rescue Service and The East of England Ambulance Service were called to Main Road, Elm.
“A vehicle had left the road and crashed into the gate of All Saints Church.
You may also want to watch:
“A male driver was checked at scene by Paramedics. The fire service made the vehicle safe.
“Cambridgeshire Highways were called to the scene as there were signs of Diesel had been spilt on the carriageway.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
“Witnesses also informed officers that the vehicle was travelling at the correct speed limit at the time of the collision.”