Driver crashes into wall close to All Saints Parish Church, Main Road, Elm - comes away without injury
- Credit: Archant
A driver had a lucky escape last night after crashing their silver Ford Fiesta on Main Road, Elm.
It is believed the driver lost control of the vehicle and collided with a wall close to All Saints Parish Church at around 6.40pm.
The ambulance service attended, but no injuries were reported and the road was closed while recovery took place.
A police spokesman said: “Yesterday at about 6.42pm officers along with Cambs Fire and Rescue Service and The East of England Ambulance Service were called to Main Road, Elm.
“A vehicle had left the road and crashed into the gate of All Saints Church.
“A male driver was checked at scene by Paramedics. The fire service made the vehicle safe.
“Cambridgeshire Highways were called to the scene as there were signs of Diesel had been spilt on the carriageway.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
“Witnesses also informed officers that the vehicle was travelling at the correct speed limit at the time of the collision.”