Driver crashes into wall close to All Saints Parish Church, Main Road, Elm - comes away without injury
- Credit: Archant
A driver had a lucky escape last night after crashing their silver Ford Fiesta on Main Road, Elm.
It is believed the driver lost control of the vehicle and collided with a wall close to All Saints Parish Church at around 6.40pm.
The ambulance service attended, but no injuries were reported and the road was closed while recovery took place.
A police spokesman said: “Yesterday at about 6.42pm officers along with Cambs Fire and Rescue Service and The East of England Ambulance Service were called to Main Road, Elm.
“A vehicle had left the road and crashed into the gate of All Saints Church.
You may also want to watch:
“A male driver was checked at scene by Paramedics. The fire service made the vehicle safe.
“Cambridgeshire Highways were called to the scene as there were signs of Diesel had been spilt on the carriageway.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
“Witnesses also informed officers that the vehicle was travelling at the correct speed limit at the time of the collision.”