Uninsured driver’s luck runs out in police chase
- Credit: Archant
For one uninsured driver, he thought he may have got lucky following a police chase through a Fenland town.
But, for him, his luck had eventually run out.
After a short pursuit by officers, the driver admitted defeat before his Mercedes vehicle was seized in Wisbech yesterday (Tuesday).
A Fenland police spokesperson said: “A silver Mercedes failed to stop for officers in Wisbech. After a short pursuit, the vehicle stopped of its own accord on Clarkson Avenue.
“Checks showed the driver was disqualified from driving until test passed and had no insurance.”
As well as finding the driver being disqualified, it was a successful night for officers, who will now look foraward to having a potentially successful day in court too.
The police spokesperson added: “We seized the vehicle and he will be having a day out at magistrates court in the near future.”
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant