Uninsured driver’s luck runs out in police chase
- Credit: Archant
For one uninsured driver, he thought he may have got lucky following a police chase through a Fenland town.
But, for him, his luck had eventually run out.
After a short pursuit by officers, the driver admitted defeat before his Mercedes vehicle was seized in Wisbech yesterday (Tuesday).
A Fenland police spokesperson said: “A silver Mercedes failed to stop for officers in Wisbech. After a short pursuit, the vehicle stopped of its own accord on Clarkson Avenue.
“Checks showed the driver was disqualified from driving until test passed and had no insurance.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as finding the driver being disqualified, it was a successful night for officers, who will now look foraward to having a potentially successful day in court too.
The police spokesperson added: “We seized the vehicle and he will be having a day out at magistrates court in the near future.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad