Uninsured driver’s luck runs out in police chase
- Credit: Archant
For one uninsured driver, he thought he may have got lucky following a police chase through a Fenland town.
But, for him, his luck had eventually run out.
After a short pursuit by officers, the driver admitted defeat before his Mercedes vehicle was seized in Wisbech yesterday (Tuesday).
A Fenland police spokesperson said: “A silver Mercedes failed to stop for officers in Wisbech. After a short pursuit, the vehicle stopped of its own accord on Clarkson Avenue.
“Checks showed the driver was disqualified from driving until test passed and had no insurance.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as finding the driver being disqualified, it was a successful night for officers, who will now look foraward to having a potentially successful day in court too.
The police spokesperson added: “We seized the vehicle and he will be having a day out at magistrates court in the near future.”
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter