Uninsured driver’s luck runs out in police chase
- Credit: Archant
For one uninsured driver, he thought he may have got lucky following a police chase through a Fenland town.
But, for him, his luck had eventually run out.
After a short pursuit by officers, the driver admitted defeat before his Mercedes vehicle was seized in Wisbech yesterday (Tuesday).
A Fenland police spokesperson said: “A silver Mercedes failed to stop for officers in Wisbech. After a short pursuit, the vehicle stopped of its own accord on Clarkson Avenue.
“Checks showed the driver was disqualified from driving until test passed and had no insurance.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as finding the driver being disqualified, it was a successful night for officers, who will now look foraward to having a potentially successful day in court too.
The police spokesperson added: “We seized the vehicle and he will be having a day out at magistrates court in the near future.”
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown