Driver and company reported for overweight van in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A van was pulled over by police in Wisbech and found to be well overweight.
Beds, Cambs & Herts Roads Policing Unit officers found the van was 76 per cent over the allowed weight on the rear axle, and 48 per cent over the total weight limit.
The driver and company have been reported.
The image of the overweight van provoked consternation on Twitter.
One poster tweeted: “Even without scales, you must know if you’re over by that much.”
You may also want to watch:
Another tweeted: “Shocking, surprised it was drivable.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 3 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 7 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 8 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months