Disqualified female drink driver from Wisbech to face 22 weeks in prison and a five year driving ban
- Credit: Archant
A disqualified drink driver from Wisbech was sentenced to 22 weeks in prison with a five year driving ban.
Bina Darkas Ellen Smith, 46, of Sandbank, Wisbech St Mary, appeared at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court yesterday morning (Thursday October 26) charged with drink driving, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance.
She was sentenced to 22 weeks in prison and handed a five year driving ban which will come into force on completion of the custodial sentence.
The sentencing comes after a PCSO from the Neighbourhood Policing Team identified a vehicle being driven on Wednesday night and believed the driver to be disqualified.
Officers responded and after a search of the driver’s details, they found the driver to be disqualified.
A police spokesman said: “The driver failed a roadside breath test. The vehicle was seized and the driver taken to the King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre”.
- 1 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 4 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 5 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 6 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash