Disqualified female drink driver from Wisbech to face 22 weeks in prison and a five year driving ban
- Credit: Archant
A disqualified drink driver from Wisbech was sentenced to 22 weeks in prison with a five year driving ban.
Bina Darkas Ellen Smith, 46, of Sandbank, Wisbech St Mary, appeared at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court yesterday morning (Thursday October 26) charged with drink driving, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance.
She was sentenced to 22 weeks in prison and handed a five year driving ban which will come into force on completion of the custodial sentence.
The sentencing comes after a PCSO from the Neighbourhood Policing Team identified a vehicle being driven on Wednesday night and believed the driver to be disqualified.
Officers responded and after a search of the driver’s details, they found the driver to be disqualified.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “The driver failed a roadside breath test. The vehicle was seized and the driver taken to the King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre”.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash