Lincolnshire man arrested on suspicion of drink-driving through Wisbech claims he had not been drinking
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
A man from Lincolnshire arrested on suspicion of drink-driving in the Fens claims he hadn’t been drinking at all.
Ernestas Morkunas was arrested on Friday, October 18 after he was spotted speeding in Wisbech and, when stopped by police, failed a roadside breath test.
The 34-year-old from Stretham Way, Bourn, was taken in just before 11pm after giving a reading of 83ugs at the roadside and 96 at the Police Investigation Centre (PIC).
Morkunas has been released on bail until a hearing at Peterborough Magistrates' Court on November 7 following the incident on Kooreman Avenue.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Stopped driver in Wisbech stated he had not been drinking after he was seen speeding.
You may also want to watch:
"I think the breathalyser states different. Driver arrested and taken to the PIC gave a reading of 96 at the PIC, the limit is 35.
"Ernestas Morkunas of Stretham Way, Bourn, Lincolnshire was arrested just before 11pm on 18 October on Cooreman Avenue, Wisbech."
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 9 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’