Drink driver could hardly stand
DRINK driver Andrew Bodger had drunk four pints, and could hardly stand up when police asked him to get out of his car on Saturday night. He swayed backwards and forwards and had difficulty maintaining his balance, prosecutor Laura Mardell told Fenland
DRINK driver Andrew Bodger had drunk four pints, and could hardly stand up when police asked him to get out of his car on Saturday night.
"He swayed backwards and forwards and had difficulty maintaining his balance," prosecutor Laura Mardell told Fenland magistrates on Wednesday.
Bodger, 20, of Murrow Bank, Murrow, admitted driving a Vauxhall Vectra with a breath reading of 60mcgs of alcohol in 100mls of breath, the legal limit being 35mcgs.
"He acted very stupidly indeed," said solicitor John Clarke. He had decided to walk home from the pub, but when he came out he thought he would be all right, and decided to drive instead."
You may also want to watch:
Bodger was banned from driving for 16 months and fined £80, with £43 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'