Drink driver caught in March after police spotted swerving Audi gets 18-month ban
A SWERVING drink driver gave a breath test reading more than double the legal alcohol limit after being stopped by police in March. Officers spotted Raimundas Kuprevius' blue Audi driving erratically, and the Friday Bridge man failed a breathalyser test.
A SWERVING drink driver gave a breath test reading more than double the legal alcohol limit after being stopped by police in March.
Officers had spotted Raimundas Kuprevius' blue Audi driving erratically, and he failed a breathalyser test.
After arrest, the 42-year-old gave a breath test reading of 83 mcgs of alcohol in 100 mls of breath, when the legal limit is 35 mcgs.
"A friend had asked for a lift back to March, he drank a cup of coffee and felt OK, so decided to take his friend home," solicitor Roger Glazebrook explained to Fenland magistrates.
You may also want to watch:
Kuprevius, of Main Road, Friday Bridge, was banned from driving for 18 months and fined �140, with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 6 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021