Drink driver caught in March after police spotted swerving Audi gets 18-month ban
A SWERVING drink driver gave a breath test reading more than double the legal alcohol limit after being stopped by police in March. Officers spotted Raimundas Kuprevius' blue Audi driving erratically, and the Friday Bridge man failed a breathalyser test.
A SWERVING drink driver gave a breath test reading more than double the legal alcohol limit after being stopped by police in March.
Officers had spotted Raimundas Kuprevius' blue Audi driving erratically, and he failed a breathalyser test.
After arrest, the 42-year-old gave a breath test reading of 83 mcgs of alcohol in 100 mls of breath, when the legal limit is 35 mcgs.
"A friend had asked for a lift back to March, he drank a cup of coffee and felt OK, so decided to take his friend home," solicitor Roger Glazebrook explained to Fenland magistrates.
You may also want to watch:
Kuprevius, of Main Road, Friday Bridge, was banned from driving for 18 months and fined �140, with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening