Drink driver caught in March after police spotted swerving Audi gets 18-month ban
A SWERVING drink driver gave a breath test reading more than double the legal alcohol limit after being stopped by police in March. Officers spotted Raimundas Kuprevius' blue Audi driving erratically, and the Friday Bridge man failed a breathalyser test.
A SWERVING drink driver gave a breath test reading more than double the legal alcohol limit after being stopped by police in March.
Officers had spotted Raimundas Kuprevius' blue Audi driving erratically, and he failed a breathalyser test.
After arrest, the 42-year-old gave a breath test reading of 83 mcgs of alcohol in 100 mls of breath, when the legal limit is 35 mcgs.
"A friend had asked for a lift back to March, he drank a cup of coffee and felt OK, so decided to take his friend home," solicitor Roger Glazebrook explained to Fenland magistrates.
You may also want to watch:
Kuprevius, of Main Road, Friday Bridge, was banned from driving for 18 months and fined �140, with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began