Drink-driver arrested in Wisbech after he is found to be more than double the legal limit
- Credit: Archant
A drink-driver was arrested in Wisbech after he was caught more than twice over the legal limit.
The HGV driver was stopped by police at around 1pm yesterday afternoon (July 13) and was made to do a roadside breath test.
He gave a ready of 86ugs – more than twice the legal limit of 35ugs.
A police spokesman said: “The driver was taken to the police investigation centre (PIC) in King’s Lynn where enquiries continue.”
The arrest is the second made by Fenland police for drink driving in recent days.
You may also want to watch:
A 46-year-old man was arrested in March on Wednesday (12) after he was found to be a whopping five times over the legal limit.
Police officers said they were “lost for words” after the man blew a reading of 184ugs after he was stopped on Gaul Road at 9.25am.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph