Drink-driver arrested in Wisbech after he is found to be more than double the legal limit
- Credit: Archant
A drink-driver was arrested in Wisbech after he was caught more than twice over the legal limit.
The HGV driver was stopped by police at around 1pm yesterday afternoon (July 13) and was made to do a roadside breath test.
He gave a ready of 86ugs – more than twice the legal limit of 35ugs.
A police spokesman said: “The driver was taken to the police investigation centre (PIC) in King’s Lynn where enquiries continue.”
The arrest is the second made by Fenland police for drink driving in recent days.
You may also want to watch:
A 46-year-old man was arrested in March on Wednesday (12) after he was found to be a whopping five times over the legal limit.
Police officers said they were “lost for words” after the man blew a reading of 184ugs after he was stopped on Gaul Road at 9.25am.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout