Drink driver arrested in Wisbech for being nearly three times over the limit
- Credit: Archant
A driver was arrested in Wisbech for being almost three times over the limit and having no insurance or driving licence.
Police stopped the car on Bedford Street last night (December 27) and initially the driver refused to give a breath sample.
When they did a breath test it gave a reading of 98 - the legal limit is 35.
A post on the Policing Fenland Facebook page also showed two bottles of vodka in the car.
The post read: "How do you want to start the New Year?
You may also want to watch:
"With a driving ban and a criminal record? Well this driver will be looking at the above.
"The driver failed the road side breath test by providing a reading of 98! (Limit 35)
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
"The driver was arrested on suspicion of drink driving, having no insurance and no driving licence. At the PIC the driver failed to provide a sample of breath.
"We seized his vehicle for no insurance. Enquires continue."