Drink driver arrested in Wisbech for being nearly three times over the limit
- Credit: Archant
A driver was arrested in Wisbech for being almost three times over the limit and having no insurance or driving licence.
Police stopped the car on Bedford Street last night (December 27) and initially the driver refused to give a breath sample.
When they did a breath test it gave a reading of 98 - the legal limit is 35.
A post on the Policing Fenland Facebook page also showed two bottles of vodka in the car.
The post read: "How do you want to start the New Year?
"With a driving ban and a criminal record? Well this driver will be looking at the above.
"The driver failed the road side breath test by providing a reading of 98! (Limit 35)
- 1 Cable fault caused power cut for more than 350 customers in Wisbech
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 5 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 6 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 9 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 10 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
"The driver was arrested on suspicion of drink driving, having no insurance and no driving licence. At the PIC the driver failed to provide a sample of breath.
"We seized his vehicle for no insurance. Enquires continue."