Driver blows twice the alcohol limit during country-wide coronavirus lockdown
- Credit: Archant
A driver who ignored the stay at home message and went out for a spin in their car while under the influence of alcohol has been arrested.
Blowing twice the limit in a roadside breath test, the driver who was caught in Wisbech was taken to the police investigation centre in King’s Lynn.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “It may be nice outside and yes, we must stay at home, don’t forget that if you have a beer, don’t get in your car and drive.
“This driver didn’t receive that memo. Officers stopped him this afternoon in Wisbech. The driver failed the roadside breath test by blowing 73, limit being 35.
“The driver was arrested and we took them to the PIC, cells only have obscured glass in them so they won’t be able to see what a lovely afternoon and evening will look like.”
You may also want to watch:
One resident said: “As if the police don’t have enough to deal with right now.
“They shouldn’t be out, and they shouldn’t be drink driving. Let’s hope the police are supported and this low life gets what they deserve.”
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
To get the latest coronavirus news from Cambridgeshire and Fenland, join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/CambridgeshireCoronavirusNews
Have you been affected by the wide-spread COVID-19 outbreak? Tell us your story, email: firstname.lastname@example.org