Drink driver arrested after crashing into A47 Cromwell Road Wisbech roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A driver who was twice the limit was arrested on Thursday night after crashing into the A47 Cromwell Road roundabout in Wisbech
A black Vauxhall Astra crashed at around 10.35pm and left the scene, but was followed into Norfolk by a member of the public.
Police officers quickly got behind the vehicle on the A1101 at Outwell, Norfolk, where the driver failed to stop.
The car was forced to stop by officers and the driver was arrested after blowing 70 during a breath test.
The driver was taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn and the vehicle was recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire Highways have been informed in relation to the damage on the roundabout.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader