Drink driver arrested after crashing into A47 Cromwell Road Wisbech roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A driver who was twice the limit was arrested on Thursday night after crashing into the A47 Cromwell Road roundabout in Wisbech
A black Vauxhall Astra crashed at around 10.35pm and left the scene, but was followed into Norfolk by a member of the public.
Police officers quickly got behind the vehicle on the A1101 at Outwell, Norfolk, where the driver failed to stop.
The car was forced to stop by officers and the driver was arrested after blowing 70 during a breath test.
The driver was taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn and the vehicle was recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire Highways have been informed in relation to the damage on the roundabout.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 7 Showcase status for Academy
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain