Drink and drug driving offences over the weekend in Wisbech area
- Credit: Archant
A number of motorists were arrested across Fenland over the weekend for drink and drug driving offences.
The arrests made were as follows:
• Saturday July 29, 01.56am: Driver stopped on the A1101, Sutton Road, and arrested after a positive drug wipe for cocaine.
• Saturday July 29, 5.30pm: Driver arrested after CCTV spotted them drinking in the town centre
• Saturday July 29, 6.35pm: Driver arrested after being involved in a road traffic collison in Elm. The driver gave a reading of 110 ugs
You may also want to watch:
• Sunday July 30: 11.17am: Driver arrested after being stopped on Jeffrey Avenue gave a reading of 121 ugs, whereas the legal limit is 35.
All the drivers were taken to the Police Investigation Centre at Kings Lynn.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
In a separate incident on Saturday, PCSOs were called to an incident of anti-social behaviour involving youths on mopeds and motorbikes at Wisbech Cricket Club on Harecroft Road.
“One rider was issued a Section 59 warning for his manner of driving on his moped which was witnessed by a member of the public,” said a police spokesman.
“Please continue to call us if this is happening near you.”