Drink and drug driving offences over the weekend in Wisbech area
- Credit: Archant
A number of motorists were arrested across Fenland over the weekend for drink and drug driving offences.
The arrests made were as follows:
• Saturday July 29, 01.56am: Driver stopped on the A1101, Sutton Road, and arrested after a positive drug wipe for cocaine.
• Saturday July 29, 5.30pm: Driver arrested after CCTV spotted them drinking in the town centre
• Saturday July 29, 6.35pm: Driver arrested after being involved in a road traffic collison in Elm. The driver gave a reading of 110 ugs
You may also want to watch:
• Sunday July 30: 11.17am: Driver arrested after being stopped on Jeffrey Avenue gave a reading of 121 ugs, whereas the legal limit is 35.
All the drivers were taken to the Police Investigation Centre at Kings Lynn.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience
In a separate incident on Saturday, PCSOs were called to an incident of anti-social behaviour involving youths on mopeds and motorbikes at Wisbech Cricket Club on Harecroft Road.
“One rider was issued a Section 59 warning for his manner of driving on his moped which was witnessed by a member of the public,” said a police spokesman.
“Please continue to call us if this is happening near you.”