Drink and drug driving offences over the weekend in Wisbech area
- Credit: Archant
A number of motorists were arrested across Fenland over the weekend for drink and drug driving offences.
The arrests made were as follows:
• Saturday July 29, 01.56am: Driver stopped on the A1101, Sutton Road, and arrested after a positive drug wipe for cocaine.
• Saturday July 29, 5.30pm: Driver arrested after CCTV spotted them drinking in the town centre
• Saturday July 29, 6.35pm: Driver arrested after being involved in a road traffic collison in Elm. The driver gave a reading of 110 ugs
You may also want to watch:
• Sunday July 30: 11.17am: Driver arrested after being stopped on Jeffrey Avenue gave a reading of 121 ugs, whereas the legal limit is 35.
All the drivers were taken to the Police Investigation Centre at Kings Lynn.
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 Councillor wants flats plan binned
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
In a separate incident on Saturday, PCSOs were called to an incident of anti-social behaviour involving youths on mopeds and motorbikes at Wisbech Cricket Club on Harecroft Road.
“One rider was issued a Section 59 warning for his manner of driving on his moped which was witnessed by a member of the public,” said a police spokesman.
“Please continue to call us if this is happening near you.”