Police chase through Wisbech ends with collision and car on its side: four occupants escape unhurt
- Credit: Archant
A dramatic police chase through Wisbech ended in a collision along the A1101 with one car coming to rest on its side.
The collision followed a short pursuit by Cambridgeshire police after the vehicle failed to stop when asked to do so.
A police spokesman said: “Officers attempted to stop the vehicle after it was seen driving dangerously.”
Four people were in the vehicle, it is believed two of them have suffered minor injuries.
It is unclear as to whether any arrests have been made at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is getting back to normal after police re-opened the A1101 in part of Wisbech following the collision.
The incident happened at North End just before noon and the road was closed for two hours at Freedom Bridge and Harecroft Road not far from Asda.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 10 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
The collision triggered a series of delays across the town, particularly along Lynn Road and heading into town. Churchill Road also became congested towards the Freedom Bridge roundabout.