Police chase through Wisbech ends with collision and car on its side: four occupants escape unhurt
- Credit: Archant
A dramatic police chase through Wisbech ended in a collision along the A1101 with one car coming to rest on its side.
The collision followed a short pursuit by Cambridgeshire police after the vehicle failed to stop when asked to do so.
A police spokesman said: “Officers attempted to stop the vehicle after it was seen driving dangerously.”
Four people were in the vehicle, it is believed two of them have suffered minor injuries.
It is unclear as to whether any arrests have been made at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is getting back to normal after police re-opened the A1101 in part of Wisbech following the collision.
The incident happened at North End just before noon and the road was closed for two hours at Freedom Bridge and Harecroft Road not far from Asda.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
The collision triggered a series of delays across the town, particularly along Lynn Road and heading into town. Churchill Road also became congested towards the Freedom Bridge roundabout.