Police chase through Wisbech ends with collision and car on its side: four occupants escape unhurt
- Credit: Archant
A dramatic police chase through Wisbech ended in a collision along the A1101 with one car coming to rest on its side.
The collision followed a short pursuit by Cambridgeshire police after the vehicle failed to stop when asked to do so.
A police spokesman said: “Officers attempted to stop the vehicle after it was seen driving dangerously.”
Four people were in the vehicle, it is believed two of them have suffered minor injuries.
It is unclear as to whether any arrests have been made at this stage.
Traffic is getting back to normal after police re-opened the A1101 in part of Wisbech following the collision.
The incident happened at North End just before noon and the road was closed for two hours at Freedom Bridge and Harecroft Road not far from Asda.
- 1 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 6 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 7 Sex offender case adjourned due to judge's concerns
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
The collision triggered a series of delays across the town, particularly along Lynn Road and heading into town. Churchill Road also became congested towards the Freedom Bridge roundabout.