Police chase through Wisbech ends with collision and car on its side: four occupants escape unhurt
- Credit: Archant
A dramatic police chase through Wisbech ended in a collision along the A1101 with one car coming to rest on its side.
The collision followed a short pursuit by Cambridgeshire police after the vehicle failed to stop when asked to do so.
A police spokesman said: “Officers attempted to stop the vehicle after it was seen driving dangerously.”
Four people were in the vehicle, it is believed two of them have suffered minor injuries.
It is unclear as to whether any arrests have been made at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is getting back to normal after police re-opened the A1101 in part of Wisbech following the collision.
The incident happened at North End just before noon and the road was closed for two hours at Freedom Bridge and Harecroft Road not far from Asda.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
The collision triggered a series of delays across the town, particularly along Lynn Road and heading into town. Churchill Road also became congested towards the Freedom Bridge roundabout.