Dramatic video and photographs show major blaze sweep through farm in Wisbech St Mary as firefighters stay at the scene overnight
- Credit: Cambs FRS
A Fenland farm has been destroyed overnight after a large blaze swept through the site during the early hours of July 18.
Dozens of firefighters were called to the farm on Rummers Lane in Wisbech St Mary at around midnight after the fire broke out.
Crews arrived to find the fire had already spread across three large barns and 100 tonnes of straw - there was no one injured in the blaze and everyone was accounted for.
Dramatic video footage shows four fire engines and three specialist vehicles - including an aerial fire fighting appliance - tackling the tricky flames.
Firefighters battled back the fire for hours before it scaled down at around 7.30am when just 30 tonnes of straw were still alight.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: "On Thursday (18) at 12.08am, crews were called to a farm fire on Rummers Lane, Wisbech St Mary.
"Crews arrived to find a well developed fire involving three large barns and 100 tonnes of straw. Firefighters have been tackling the fire using jets and the aerial appliance.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
"A number of fire engines remain on the scene. Please avoid the area."