Drama workshops coming to Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech will help keep children and older people entertained
- Credit: Archant
Are your children stuck for something to do in the holidays? Then why not bring some drama into their lives, asks local teacher and actor Linda Ekins.
She will be running workshops for children and young people aged five to 18 at the Queen Mary Centre where they will work on, rehearse and perform two plays to an audience.
For children aged five to 10, there are three fun-packed spooky days on August 8, 9 and 10, (10am till 3pm) followed by a performance on August 10 at 3pm of Things That Go Bump In The Night.
Also, for older children and young people aged 10 to 18, there will be a seven-day workshop on Aug 11, 12 and 15 to 19, (10am till 4pm). These will be followed by three performances on August 19 at 7.30pm and on August 20 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.
They will work on The Parallel Files which tells the story of FBI agents investigating a paranormal activity who uncover a whole parallel world out there. There’s a cover up, that’s being covered up by agents who don’t actually know why or what they are covering up! And an alien space captain is boldly going nowhere!
You may also want to watch:
Prices, including all the sessions, cost £30 for younger children and £70 for the older age group. Book online at www.leada.biz or pay cash on the door.
Linda Ekins, who runs her own drama academy (LEADA), has organised successful and popular drama summer workshops for more than 30 years, mostly at the Angles Theatre but now at the Queen Mary Centre.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 3 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 4 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 7 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 8 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 9 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 10 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
For more information about the workshops and weekly classes contact Linda on 07523 712 633.