Drama workshops coming to Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech will help keep children and older people entertained
- Credit: Archant
Are your children stuck for something to do in the holidays? Then why not bring some drama into their lives, asks local teacher and actor Linda Ekins.
She will be running workshops for children and young people aged five to 18 at the Queen Mary Centre where they will work on, rehearse and perform two plays to an audience.
For children aged five to 10, there are three fun-packed spooky days on August 8, 9 and 10, (10am till 3pm) followed by a performance on August 10 at 3pm of Things That Go Bump In The Night.
Also, for older children and young people aged 10 to 18, there will be a seven-day workshop on Aug 11, 12 and 15 to 19, (10am till 4pm). These will be followed by three performances on August 19 at 7.30pm and on August 20 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.
They will work on The Parallel Files which tells the story of FBI agents investigating a paranormal activity who uncover a whole parallel world out there. There’s a cover up, that’s being covered up by agents who don’t actually know why or what they are covering up! And an alien space captain is boldly going nowhere!
You may also want to watch:
Prices, including all the sessions, cost £30 for younger children and £70 for the older age group. Book online at www.leada.biz or pay cash on the door.
Linda Ekins, who runs her own drama academy (LEADA), has organised successful and popular drama summer workshops for more than 30 years, mostly at the Angles Theatre but now at the Queen Mary Centre.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
For more information about the workshops and weekly classes contact Linda on 07523 712 633.