Downham Market youngster and Great Ormond Street patient Lucas gets behind the scenes Formula 1 Silverstone tour
- Credit: Archant
Six year-old Lucas Harper from Downham Market was in pole position this weekend as Bernie Ecclestone’s VIP guest at the British F1 Grand Prix at Silverstone.
Lucas and his family joined a small group of other Great Ormond Street patients who are fanatical about F1 racing for a once in a lifetime experience at one of the racing calendar’s most exciting events.
Lucas has been treated at the hospital since April this year, when he was diagnosed with a large mediastinal teratoma (tumour in his chest cavity). Lucas underwent surgery at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
During the day at Silverstone, Lucas watched the practice sessions and enjoyed a behind-the-scenes tour of the F1 paddock.
The trip was organised for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity as part of its ongoing relationship with F1.
You may also want to watch:
Lucas’ mum, Amy Harper said: “Today is a dream come true, it is the best day ever for Lucas as he is such a huge F1 fan and he is a F1 walking encyclopedia.”
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity needs to raise £90 million a year to help rebuild and refurbish Great Ormond Street Hospital, provide vital up-to-date equipment and fund research into better treatments for the children.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
For more information or to donate visit www.gosh.org