Downham Market youngster and Great Ormond Street patient Lucas gets behind the scenes Formula 1 Silverstone tour
- Credit: Archant
Six year-old Lucas Harper from Downham Market was in pole position this weekend as Bernie Ecclestone’s VIP guest at the British F1 Grand Prix at Silverstone.
Lucas and his family joined a small group of other Great Ormond Street patients who are fanatical about F1 racing for a once in a lifetime experience at one of the racing calendar’s most exciting events.
Lucas has been treated at the hospital since April this year, when he was diagnosed with a large mediastinal teratoma (tumour in his chest cavity). Lucas underwent surgery at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
During the day at Silverstone, Lucas watched the practice sessions and enjoyed a behind-the-scenes tour of the F1 paddock.
The trip was organised for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity as part of its ongoing relationship with F1.
You may also want to watch:
Lucas’ mum, Amy Harper said: “Today is a dream come true, it is the best day ever for Lucas as he is such a huge F1 fan and he is a F1 walking encyclopedia.”
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity needs to raise £90 million a year to help rebuild and refurbish Great Ormond Street Hospital, provide vital up-to-date equipment and fund research into better treatments for the children.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
For more information or to donate visit www.gosh.org