Dorothy Perkins and Burton staff from Wisbech to walk for charity
STAFF at two of Wisbech Horsefair’s fashion stores are raising cash for the charity Breast Cancer Care by organising a sponsored walk.
The staff from Dorothy Perkins and Burton will begin their walk from the store on Sunday, August 22, and plan to walk eight miles before returning.
The walk has been organised following succesful fundraising efforts made in 2009 for the charity.
Steve Cozens, manager of both stores, said: “It’s always a real team effort that helps to raise valuable cash for a very deserving charity,”
Kevin Smith, Horsefair manager, said: “It’s always great to hear about the Horsefair’s tenants taking part in charity work, I would like to wish them luck.”
You may also want to watch:
Residents in Wisbech are welcome to join the team on their walk as well as sponsor or make a donation in store to help raise additional funds.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens