Dorothy Perkins and Burton staff from Wisbech to walk for charity
STAFF at two of Wisbech Horsefair’s fashion stores are raising cash for the charity Breast Cancer Care by organising a sponsored walk.
The staff from Dorothy Perkins and Burton will begin their walk from the store on Sunday, August 22, and plan to walk eight miles before returning.
The walk has been organised following succesful fundraising efforts made in 2009 for the charity.
Steve Cozens, manager of both stores, said: “It’s always a real team effort that helps to raise valuable cash for a very deserving charity,”
Kevin Smith, Horsefair manager, said: “It’s always great to hear about the Horsefair’s tenants taking part in charity work, I would like to wish them luck.”
You may also want to watch:
Residents in Wisbech are welcome to join the team on their walk as well as sponsor or make a donation in store to help raise additional funds.
- 1 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 4 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 5 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Civic business as usual for under fire Wisbech mayor