Dorothy Perkins and Burton staff from Wisbech to walk for charity
STAFF at two of Wisbech Horsefair’s fashion stores are raising cash for the charity Breast Cancer Care by organising a sponsored walk.
The staff from Dorothy Perkins and Burton will begin their walk from the store on Sunday, August 22, and plan to walk eight miles before returning.
The walk has been organised following succesful fundraising efforts made in 2009 for the charity.
Steve Cozens, manager of both stores, said: “It’s always a real team effort that helps to raise valuable cash for a very deserving charity,”
Kevin Smith, Horsefair manager, said: “It’s always great to hear about the Horsefair’s tenants taking part in charity work, I would like to wish them luck.”
You may also want to watch:
Residents in Wisbech are welcome to join the team on their walk as well as sponsor or make a donation in store to help raise additional funds.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis