Dorothy Perkins and Burton staff from Wisbech to walk for charity
STAFF at two of Wisbech Horsefair’s fashion stores are raising cash for the charity Breast Cancer Care by organising a sponsored walk.
The staff from Dorothy Perkins and Burton will begin their walk from the store on Sunday, August 22, and plan to walk eight miles before returning.
The walk has been organised following succesful fundraising efforts made in 2009 for the charity.
Steve Cozens, manager of both stores, said: “It’s always a real team effort that helps to raise valuable cash for a very deserving charity,”
Kevin Smith, Horsefair manager, said: “It’s always great to hear about the Horsefair’s tenants taking part in charity work, I would like to wish them luck.”
You may also want to watch:
Residents in Wisbech are welcome to join the team on their walk as well as sponsor or make a donation in store to help raise additional funds.
- 1 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out