New footage emerges of ‘dolphin’ in River Nene as some are still not convinced
- Credit: Archant
New footage of the ‘dolphin’ swimming in the murky River Nene has emerged – but some are still not convinced and think the unidentified animal is a seal.
Earlier this week we reported that food blogger Poppy Everitt filmed a marine mammal cruising past her workplace at North Brink in Wisbech.
The mobile phone footage shows a finned black silhouette swim through the brown River Nene, popping up out of the water for less than a second.
Now, fellow resident Richard Priest has provided a closer and clearer look at the ‘dolphin’ which can be seen spraying water into the air.
Some people on social media are still not convinced, with one person claiming it is a seal and that they “come up and down the river occasionally”.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Everitt, known online as @onmydinnertable, said: “I saw the dolphin and contacted British Divers Marine Life Rescue to report it.
“They have seen the video and confirmed this is highly likely a dolphin and not a porpoise due to the fin shape and size.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
“I have not seen it again since Tuesday, but marine rescue asked me to keep them updated if I do, they are hoping to track its movement.
“I have also been posting updates about it on my Instagram and it has gained a lot of interest! What an amazing sight.”
What do you think? Is this a dolphin coming to visit Wisbech or is it just a common seal? Let us know by emailing: email@example.com