Rescued puppies found trapped in shipping container find new homes
- Credit: RSPCA Block Fen Animal Centre
A dog and her seven puppies rescued after living in “completely inadequate conditions” in a shipping container have found a new home.
Bamboo, a female cocker spaniel, and her seven puppies were taken into RSPCA Block Fen Animal Centre in Wimblington last month.
Police and RSPCA officers found Bamboo, with puppies Billy, Blaze, Bob, Bertie, Bluebell, Bunty and Thomas in a shipping container in Buckinghamshire.
“The dogs were living in completely inadequate conditions shut inside a storage container,” RSPCA inspector Stephanie Law said.
“The door was shut tight meaning it was pitch black inside.
“They were all underweight and I’m not sure the puppies would have survived much longer in that situation.”
All dogs required urgent treatment, but all have since been adopted.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 7 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
“Thankfully, they all pulled through and have now all been snapped up by their new families,” Stephanie added.
“Their futures look much brighter!”