Dog left in hot car for over an hour in Wisbech - luckily PCSO’s were alerted and came to the rescue
- Credit: Archant
Police rescued a dog that was left in a hot car for over an hour in Wisbech earlier today.
Whilst on routine patrols PCSO’s were made aware by a member of the public of a dog inside a vehicle.
The dog had reportedly been in there for over an hour.
After some general inquiries the owner was contacted and returned back to the vehicle.
The owner was spoke to and given appropriate words of advice said Policing Wisbech, who added “#RSPCA #Hotsummerday #Animalsafety” to their post on Facebook.
You may also want to watch:
One person commented on the post and wrote: “Omg what is wrong with people? If you can’t touch the steering wheel or sit on your seat when you return to your car, why do you feel you can leave a dog in there?
“You wouldnt put them in an oven but it’s exactly the same!”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
Another said: “I wouldn’t have bothered trying to find the owner of the car. Smash the window and get the dog out would have been more effective in teaching them a lesson.”