Dog left in hot car for over an hour in Wisbech - luckily PCSO’s were alerted and came to the rescue
- Credit: Archant
Police rescued a dog that was left in a hot car for over an hour in Wisbech earlier today.
Whilst on routine patrols PCSO’s were made aware by a member of the public of a dog inside a vehicle.
The dog had reportedly been in there for over an hour.
After some general inquiries the owner was contacted and returned back to the vehicle.
The owner was spoke to and given appropriate words of advice said Policing Wisbech, who added “#RSPCA #Hotsummerday #Animalsafety” to their post on Facebook.
You may also want to watch:
One person commented on the post and wrote: “Omg what is wrong with people? If you can’t touch the steering wheel or sit on your seat when you return to your car, why do you feel you can leave a dog in there?
“You wouldnt put them in an oven but it’s exactly the same!”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 8 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 9 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Another said: “I wouldn’t have bothered trying to find the owner of the car. Smash the window and get the dog out would have been more effective in teaching them a lesson.”