Vaccine centre prepares for last weekend delivering Covid-19 booster jabs
- Credit: DODDINGTON VACCINATION CENTRE
A Covid-19 vaccination centre is preparing for its last two days delivering booster jabs this weekend (November 27-28).
Doddington vaccination centre has managed to administer nearly 100,000 vaccinations since opening, but it has proved “too difficult” to get extra staff in to offer any more appointments.
The team said: “This means all appointments we’re able to offer have now been booked - sorry.
“We understand that vaccinations may be able to be delivered in the future at Doddington, but this will no longer involve any of the local GP practices, and we have no further information regarding this."
They added: “It’s been a privilege and a pleasure to be able to provide this service that has only been possible with the help and support of volunteers and staff working in addition to their normal day jobs.”
“The genuine gratitude of the vast majority with smiling faces (behind mask) is rewarding enough.”
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost