Do you recognise this man?
POLICE have released CCTV images of the man suspected of carrying out an armed robbery at a Wisbech bookmakers on Monday. As Ladbrokes, in Church Terrace, closed just before 6.30pm the man entered the shop and pulled out a handgun as he demanded money fr
POLICE have released CCTV images of the man suspected of carrying out an armed robbery at a Wisbech bookmakers' on Monday.
As Ladbrokes, in Church Terrace, closed just before 6.30pm the man entered the shop and pulled out a handgun as he demanded money from two cashiers.
An unknown amount of money was handed over and the man made his escape.
Detectives believe the robber had waited in St Peter's Church Gardens, opposite the shop, for the final customers to leave the premises before entering.
You may also want to watch:
They also believe he could be responsible for a series of similar robberies dating back to September 2005. The crimes initially were in north west London, but since November last year there have also been offences in Spalding, Lincolnshire, and Haverhill, Suffolk.
Detective Sergeant David York, from Wisbech Criminal Investigation Department, said: "He initially made off on foot but he may have then got into a getaway car.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 RAF Lakenheath fly-over in memory of US airman Kenneth ‘Kage’ Allen
"Any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could be very important to this investigation."
Anyone with information should contact either DS York or Detective Constable Simon Rust on 0845 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.