Do you recognise robber?
POLICE have released CCTV images of the man suspected of carrying out an armed robbery at a Wisbech bookmaker s on Monday, January 8. As Ladbrokes, in Church Terrace, closed just before 6.30pm the man entered the shop, pulled out a handgun and demanded mo
POLICE have released CCTV images of the man suspected of carrying out an armed robbery at a Wisbech bookmaker's on Monday, January 8.
As Ladbrokes, in Church Terrace, closed just before 6.30pm the man entered the shop, pulled out a handgun and demanded money from two cashiers. An unknown amount of money was handed over and the man escaped.
Detectives believe the robber had waited in St Peter's Church Gardens, opposite the shop, for the final customers to leave the premises before entering.
They also believe he could be responsible for a series of similar robberies in London, Spalding and Haverhill, dating back to September 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt David York, from Wisbech CID, said: "He initially made off on foot but he may have then got into a getaway car.
CONTACT: Det Sgt York or Dc Simon Rust on 0845 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers