Do you recognise robber?
POLICE have released CCTV images of the man suspected of carrying out an armed robbery at a Wisbech bookmaker s on Monday, January 8. As Ladbrokes, in Church Terrace, closed just before 6.30pm the man entered the shop, pulled out a handgun and demanded mo
POLICE have released CCTV images of the man suspected of carrying out an armed robbery at a Wisbech bookmaker's on Monday, January 8.
As Ladbrokes, in Church Terrace, closed just before 6.30pm the man entered the shop, pulled out a handgun and demanded money from two cashiers. An unknown amount of money was handed over and the man escaped.
Detectives believe the robber had waited in St Peter's Church Gardens, opposite the shop, for the final customers to leave the premises before entering.
They also believe he could be responsible for a series of similar robberies in London, Spalding and Haverhill, dating back to September 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt David York, from Wisbech CID, said: "He initially made off on foot but he may have then got into a getaway car.
CONTACT: Det Sgt York or Dc Simon Rust on 0845 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police