Distinctive Goldfinch bird discovered by police officers in dumped carrier bag
- Credit: Archant
Police were left stunned after finding a distinctive bird chirping in a carrier bag dumped by a suspect they were pursuing.
Officers chased a man in Arles Avenue, Wisbech on Thursday, June 4 when he dropped a carrier bag and got away following a “suspicious incident”.
After hearing strange noises coming from the bag, officers opened it and were shocked to find a Goldfinch bird – worth around £100 - still in its cage.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “It’s strange what you can find in a dropped bag
“As officers started a search for the male there was a strange noise coming from inside the bag. Inside was a bird in a cage.
“Officers also found a trap nearby aswell. The bird was handed over to the RSPCA. Enquires continue into this matter.”
According to PreLoved.com, the Goldfinch could be worth anything between £80 and £100 and there are lots of sellers currently looking to buy.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim