Distinctive Goldfinch bird discovered by police officers in dumped carrier bag
- Credit: Archant
Police were left stunned after finding a distinctive bird chirping in a carrier bag dumped by a suspect they were pursuing.
Officers chased a man in Arles Avenue, Wisbech on Thursday, June 4 when he dropped a carrier bag and got away following a “suspicious incident”.
After hearing strange noises coming from the bag, officers opened it and were shocked to find a Goldfinch bird – worth around £100 - still in its cage.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “It’s strange what you can find in a dropped bag
“As officers started a search for the male there was a strange noise coming from inside the bag. Inside was a bird in a cage.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers also found a trap nearby aswell. The bird was handed over to the RSPCA. Enquires continue into this matter.”
According to PreLoved.com, the Goldfinch could be worth anything between £80 and £100 and there are lots of sellers currently looking to buy.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit