Discover inspiring local authors at Peckover House in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Local writers and illustrators will form part of a series of events to be held at Peckover House in Wisbech.
Diane Calton Smith and and Claire Upton will showcase their novels at the venue later this month.
While Jamie Maxwell will be talking about how a career change took him from photographer to illustrator.
Visitor welcome manager, Polly Mallett, said: "This season's book theme is already proving very popular and is about to be developed even further.
"With several events already having taken place alongside the 'Lord Peckover's Lost Library' National Lottery Heritage Fund supported exhibition, local writers and illustrators are about to join in."
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday July 13 Diane, who is also a historian, will be talking to visitors about her Fenland Histories and Mysteries, in particular her new book, 'Plague, Flood and Gewgaws'.
Then, on Saturday July 20 Claire will talk about her new novel, 'Twisted Fate', which is based on a Suffolk farm.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 6 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
Jamie Maxwell will appear on Saturday July 27 to explain how he has now become the illustrator for a new series of children's books, 'The DNA Detectives'.
Each author will be in the house from midday to talk about their work and will be happy to answer any questions visitors may have.
Further information is available on Peckover House's website at www.nationaltrust.org.uk/peckover or by calling 01945 583463.