Police officers make driver clean his number plate before seizing his car after discovering hidden secret
- Credit: Supplied/FenCops
In what was supposed to be another standard police stop for a dirty number plate, a driver lost his car after it was seized in the Fens.
The driver was stopped in Wisbech and officers forced him the clean his number plate before a vehicle check revealed much more.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Today's top tip. Keep your number plate clean.
"If we can't read it, you get stopped, like this vehicle in Wisbech.
"After we made the driver clean his number plate, we seized his car for no insurance."
You may also want to watch:
The news comes after a similar incident in Pymoor on Wednesday (November 6) where a dirty Vauxhall Meriva was seized by police.
After being pulled over for a dirty number plate, it was revealed that the driver was disqualified and had no insurance.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
At the time, the spokesman said: "Officers on patrol today saw this dirty Meriva in Pymoor. It caught our attention as the licence plate needed a good clean.
"We stopped the driver and discovered he was disqualified and not insured. Car seized and he'll be off to court."