Police officers make driver clean his number plate before seizing his car after discovering hidden secret
- Credit: Supplied/FenCops
In what was supposed to be another standard police stop for a dirty number plate, a driver lost his car after it was seized in the Fens.
The driver was stopped in Wisbech and officers forced him the clean his number plate before a vehicle check revealed much more.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Today's top tip. Keep your number plate clean.
"If we can't read it, you get stopped, like this vehicle in Wisbech.
"After we made the driver clean his number plate, we seized his car for no insurance."
You may also want to watch:
The news comes after a similar incident in Pymoor on Wednesday (November 6) where a dirty Vauxhall Meriva was seized by police.
After being pulled over for a dirty number plate, it was revealed that the driver was disqualified and had no insurance.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Teacher’s 1,000 press-ups charity challenge in friend's memory
- 8 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman
- 9 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 10 Hammers and knives, drug driving and Covid-19 breaches lead to arrests
At the time, the spokesman said: "Officers on patrol today saw this dirty Meriva in Pymoor. It caught our attention as the licence plate needed a good clean.
"We stopped the driver and discovered he was disqualified and not insured. Car seized and he'll be off to court."