Diamond wedding celebration for Wisbech couple
- Credit: Archant
Jean and Colin Hutchinson of Wisbech celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary on Monday, having married at All Saints Church, Walsoken, in 1956.
Jean is the third of three sisters, born and raised in Wisbech, to reach the marriage milestone.
Jean is the eldest of three daughters born to Walter and Gladys Whiting.
Her sister Betty celebrated her diamond wedding anniversary with husband Johnnie in 2009. Margaret (Pops), the youngest sister, reached her 60th wedding anniversary with husband Geoff last year.
Colin and Jean, who have lived and worked in Wisbech all their lives, have two sons and five grandchildren.
They held a small celebration with close family, and received a card from Her Majesty the Queen.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 3 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home