Demolition firm celebrates as apprentice is crowned the best in the country
FOR the second time in two years an apprentice at a family-run demolition company has been named the best in the country. Last year Humphrey Demolition, of Gorefield, was celebrating after James Humphrey was named demolition apprentice of the year in a na
FOR the second time in two years an apprentice at a family-run demolition company has been named the best in the country.
Last year Humphrey Demolition, of Gorefield, was celebrating after James Humphrey was named demolition apprentice of the year in a national competition.
Twelve months on their latest apprentice, Darren Page, has won exactly the same award.
Darren, 18, from Gorefield, studied a six-month residential course which combined practical training with classroom-based lessons.
You may also want to watch:
He received his trophy at a ceremony from Monty Halls, presenter of the Channel 5 documentary Great Ocean Adventures.
Andrew Humphrey, manager of Humphrey Demolition, said: "This has put us on the national map for demolition companies.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
"Through the success of both James and Darren, we have proven that a small business like ours can compete in the industry nationally, against much larger companies.
"Also, the course means our apprentices are prepared for everything they will face in the job. It has greatly benefited them in the workplace and helped us to move forwards.