Demolition firm celebrates as apprentice is crowned the best in the country
FOR the second time in two years an apprentice at a family-run demolition company has been named the best in the country. Last year Humphrey Demolition, of Gorefield, was celebrating after James Humphrey was named demolition apprentice of the year in a na
FOR the second time in two years an apprentice at a family-run demolition company has been named the best in the country.
Last year Humphrey Demolition, of Gorefield, was celebrating after James Humphrey was named demolition apprentice of the year in a national competition.
Twelve months on their latest apprentice, Darren Page, has won exactly the same award.
Darren, 18, from Gorefield, studied a six-month residential course which combined practical training with classroom-based lessons.
You may also want to watch:
He received his trophy at a ceremony from Monty Halls, presenter of the Channel 5 documentary Great Ocean Adventures.
Andrew Humphrey, manager of Humphrey Demolition, said: "This has put us on the national map for demolition companies.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
"Through the success of both James and Darren, we have proven that a small business like ours can compete in the industry nationally, against much larger companies.
"Also, the course means our apprentices are prepared for everything they will face in the job. It has greatly benefited them in the workplace and helped us to move forwards.