Dementia friendly screenings prove popular at Light Cinema Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The Light Cinema in Wisbech hosted its first dementia friendly screening on Monday.
The event attracted several local care homes and was a “joyful experience” for all the guests said visitors.
Guests had a social hour before the film to enjoy tea and biscuits provided by the local Iceland store.
There was also live music from March duo Sally Rose and Paul Hayward during the interval. The band performed popular music hits including Elvis Presley’s ‘Teddybear’ and Cole Porter’s ‘Too Darn Hot’.
Kinga Grodecka, marketing coordinator at The Light Cinema, said: “All the staff involved in the screening loved the experience. It was our first screening and it was lovely to see everyone having a good time.
You may also want to watch:
“Back Two did a great job too. The live music got people dancing in the screen and singing along.”
The next dementia friendly screening at The Light is planned for September 11. The cinema will be showing the classic ‘Wizard of Oz’.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
Tickets for the show are £5 and all carers receive free entry. Refreshments start at 10 am and the film starts at 11am.
Visit www.wisbech.lightcinemas.co.uk for more information.