Dementia friendly screenings prove popular at Light Cinema Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The Light Cinema in Wisbech hosted its first dementia friendly screening on Monday.
The event attracted several local care homes and was a “joyful experience” for all the guests said visitors.
Guests had a social hour before the film to enjoy tea and biscuits provided by the local Iceland store.
There was also live music from March duo Sally Rose and Paul Hayward during the interval. The band performed popular music hits including Elvis Presley’s ‘Teddybear’ and Cole Porter’s ‘Too Darn Hot’.
Kinga Grodecka, marketing coordinator at The Light Cinema, said: “All the staff involved in the screening loved the experience. It was our first screening and it was lovely to see everyone having a good time.
You may also want to watch:
“Back Two did a great job too. The live music got people dancing in the screen and singing along.”
The next dementia friendly screening at The Light is planned for September 11. The cinema will be showing the classic ‘Wizard of Oz’.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
Tickets for the show are £5 and all carers receive free entry. Refreshments start at 10 am and the film starts at 11am.
Visit www.wisbech.lightcinemas.co.uk for more information.