Dementia friendly screenings prove popular at Light Cinema Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The Light Cinema in Wisbech hosted its first dementia friendly screening on Monday.
The event attracted several local care homes and was a “joyful experience” for all the guests said visitors.
Guests had a social hour before the film to enjoy tea and biscuits provided by the local Iceland store.
There was also live music from March duo Sally Rose and Paul Hayward during the interval. The band performed popular music hits including Elvis Presley’s ‘Teddybear’ and Cole Porter’s ‘Too Darn Hot’.
Kinga Grodecka, marketing coordinator at The Light Cinema, said: “All the staff involved in the screening loved the experience. It was our first screening and it was lovely to see everyone having a good time.
You may also want to watch:
“Back Two did a great job too. The live music got people dancing in the screen and singing along.”
The next dementia friendly screening at The Light is planned for September 11. The cinema will be showing the classic ‘Wizard of Oz’.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 5 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 6 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
Tickets for the show are £5 and all carers receive free entry. Refreshments start at 10 am and the film starts at 11am.
Visit www.wisbech.lightcinemas.co.uk for more information.