Dementia friendly screenings launching at The Light Cinema in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The Light Cinema in Wisbech is launching a series of dementia friendly film screenings, with free entry for all carers.
The Light has teamed up with The Dukes, a theatre in Lancaster, to roll out dementia friendly screenings across the company.
The first screening in Wisbech will take place on Monday, July 10, showing musical classic ‘Kiss Me Kate’. Future films include ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ and ‘Jailhouse Rock’.
Matt Sparrow, business manager at Wisbech, said: “Our team members have been trained as Dementia Friends and we have been working with the Alzheimer’s Society to offer a service we can be proud of.
“We hope that the screenings will become a valuable asset to the community and provide a much-needed social event for people living with the effects of Alzheimer’s and dementia.”
The dementia friendly screenings will include a social hour before the film, with refreshments provided by Iceland. There will also be an interval during the film, with live music from musical duo BackTwo aka Sally Rose and Paul Hayward. They will be playing a selection of 40s, 50s and 60s music.
Tickets cost £5 and carers get free entry. Refreshments will start at 10am and the film will start at 11am.
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 5 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 6 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 7 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 8 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
Visit https://wisbech.lightcinemas.co.uk/ to book or for more information.