Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- Credit: Deliveroo
Fast-food and takeaway delivery service Deliveroo is set to launch in Wisbech in “the next couple of months” and they are on the look-out for riders.
The company is looking to sign-up new riders and drivers to deliver food from the Fenland town’s restaurants and grocery store partners.
The news comes after its direct rival, Uber Eats, launched in Wisbech in October last year, offering home delivery on favourites such as McDonald’s and KFC.
Berenice Cowan, head of UK expansion for Deliveroo, said: “At last, we've arrived in Wisbech!
“We can't wait to bring everyone great food from local and national favourites, and to help local chefs reach new customers. Hungry foodies, here we come!”
“Deliveroo is looking for people who value on-demand, flexible work and want the freedom to choose when, where and how to work,” said a spokesperson.
“It is a great opportunity for people who have other commitments, such as existing work or students who are looking for flexible work to fit around study.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 3 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
“It is also a good way to keep fit and earn money at the same time.”
To keep riders safe while out on the road, the company offers all riders free insurance to ensure all riders are protected.
The company also offers other perks, such as free training courses for riders and their families.
The spokesperson added: “Deliveroo is focused on providing the ultimate food delivery experience.
“Customers have the option to schedule orders via the Deliveroo app up to one day in advance or receive food as soon as possible, in under 30 minutes.
“Deliveroo’s arrival in Wisbech will also be a major boost to local businesses, who will be able to reach new customers and grow their offering through delivery.”
Restaurants, takeaways and grocery retailers can apply to become a Deliveroo partner at: restaurants.deliveroo.com/en-gb