Delamore staff raise over £230 for Children In Need by selling cakes, hosting quizzes and ... holding team members to ransom!
- Credit: Archant
The staff at Delamore Garden Plants Outlet in Wisbech got into the Children In Need spirit and raised over £230 in the process.
Team members made and sold cakes, organised quizzes and games and held staff members to ransom.
To leave work on time staff had to secure free passage from Francis (the bear) Mizuro, by parting with their cash.
Francis is an active member of locally aligned charity, Pidley Mountain Rescue Team.
Francis Mizuro said: “The staff were really excited to be raising money for such a good cause.
You may also want to watch:
“It is amazing how kind-hearted and generous the staff were.
“They really enjoy the charity days we regularly hold for good causes.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
“We also find that although it is all very light-hearted, the opportunities for staff to have fun together and interact more socially really help them work better together.”
Wayne Eady, managing director, said he was more than happy to round the £230 which staff raised up to £300.
He added: “It’s great fun for our staff to do this and we are more than happy to support them and to give something back.”