DEATH CRASH UPDATE: Nineteen year old arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving
NINETEEN year old David Goakes of Grange Road, March, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after an incident in the town centre in the early hours of Sunday. Goakes is alleged to have knocked down pedestrian Alexander Chilv
NINETEEN year old David Goakes of Grange Road, March, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after an incident in the town centre in the early hours of Sunday.
Goakes is alleged to have knocked down pedestrian Alexander Chilvers,20, in Broad Street near to the Norwich and Peterborough Building Society branch. Police immediately sealed off the town centre whilst scenes of crime officers attended.
Mr Chilvers, of Badgeney Road, March, was taken to Peterborough District Hospital but he died some hours later.
The incident involved a green Land Rover 90 being driven by Goakes, whose parents, Michael and Linda are well known local deer farmers.
You may also want to watch:
PC John Blood from the Road Policing Unit is appealing for any witnesses to the collision to come forward and contact him.
He said: "I am appealing for anyone who saw the incident to contact police."
- 1 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 2 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 6 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 7 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 8 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 9 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
* Goakes has been released on police bail. He is due to return to Wisbech Police Station on August 3.
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 4564564.