DEATH CRASH UPDATE: Nineteen year old arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving
NINETEEN year old David Goakes of Grange Road, March, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after an incident in the town centre in the early hours of Sunday. Goakes is alleged to have knocked down pedestrian Alexander Chilv
NINETEEN year old David Goakes of Grange Road, March, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after an incident in the town centre in the early hours of Sunday.
Goakes is alleged to have knocked down pedestrian Alexander Chilvers,20, in Broad Street near to the Norwich and Peterborough Building Society branch. Police immediately sealed off the town centre whilst scenes of crime officers attended.
Mr Chilvers, of Badgeney Road, March, was taken to Peterborough District Hospital but he died some hours later.
The incident involved a green Land Rover 90 being driven by Goakes, whose parents, Michael and Linda are well known local deer farmers.
PC John Blood from the Road Policing Unit is appealing for any witnesses to the collision to come forward and contact him.
He said: "I am appealing for anyone who saw the incident to contact police."
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 4 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 5 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 6 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 7 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
* Goakes has been released on police bail. He is due to return to Wisbech Police Station on August 3.
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 4564564.