‘One of the best days of my life’ says David Kerridge of Wisbech as he completes the London Marathon and with the charity cash rolling in
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech newspaper deliverer David Kerridge described completing the London Marathon on Sunday as “one of the best days of my life”.
Mr Kerridge, 49, had only recently taken up running again when he put his name down for the marathon.
“It was a brilliant experience, one of the best days of my life,” he said. “The crowd were amazing, the atmosphere was terrific and it was a masterstroke putting ‘Dave the Fen Tiger ‘ on my running top as I heard hundreds of people calling my name and egging me on.”
He said: “The wheels came off a bit after 17 miles but I managed enough energy to sprint the last 600m down the Mall to dip in under 5 hours...4.59!
“The support from the Wisbech area has been overwhelming. My friends, family and customers have been ridiculously generous throughout and to date we’ve raised just over £4,700.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate, visit: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/dave-the-fen-tiger
He said: “I am raising money for a small charity called PhabKids who help look after disabled children all over the UK.”
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
He has more than doubled his original target “mainly due to the generosity of my fantastic customers”.